- Definition of Personal Information
- The term “Personal Information” as used in this Policy refers to information regarding individuals who use our services, individuals who do business with us, and individuals who belong to our business partners (hereinafter referred to as “You“) that falls under any of the following items.
- Any information about the living individual who can be identified by name, date of birth, address, telephone number, e-mail, or other description contained in the information. This includes information that can be readily collated with other information and thereby identify a specific individual
- Any information containing an individual identification code
- The term “Personal Identification Code” means those prescribed by the cabinet order which are any character, letter, number, symbol, or other codes falling under any of each following items.
- Fingerprints, hand veins, face, DNA, etc., those able to identify a specific individual that are a character, letter, number, symbol, or other codes into which a bodily partial feature of the specific individual has been converted in order to be provided for use by computers
- Driver’s license, passport, various insurance card numbers, resident registration code, and personal numbers, etc., those characters, letters, numbers, symbols or other codes which are assigned in regard to the use of services provided to an individual or to the purchase of goods sold to an individual, or which are stated or electromagnetically recorded in a card or other document issued to an individual so as to be able to identify a specific user or purchaser, or recipient of issuance by having made the said codes differently assigned or, stated or recorded for the said user or purchaser, or recipient of issuance
- Management of Personal Information
In order to keep your Personal Information accurate and up-to-date, and to prevent unauthorized access, loss, damage, falsification, or leakage of Personal Information, we will take the necessary measures, including thorough employee training, and implement safety measures to strictly manage your Personal Information.
- Purpose of use of Personal Information
We will only use your Personal Information for the following purposes:
Our services in general
- To respond to inquiries
- To provide, maintain, protect, and improve our services, such as accepting registrations for our services, verifying your identity, authenticating you, recording your settings, and calculating the settlement of usage fees
- To inform about our events and services
- To inform the latest information about us
- To use in recruitment activities
- To respond to violations of the terms and conditions, policies, etc. (hereinafter referred to as “Terms and Conditions, etc.“) related to our services
- To notify changes to the Terms and Conditions, etc. of our services
- To accept expert registration, identify, authenticate, and record settings, and provide, maintain, protect, and improve the MEPLA Expert Services
- To consider matching with consulting clients, advise clients, and advisory clients (hereinafter referred to as “Our Clients“)
- To provide Our Clients for matching
- To provide various services associated with this service
- To enter into the agreement with the expert, and to execute the agreement, including payment of compensation
- To contact Our Clients as necessary to provide services
- To perform the agreement between We and Our Clients
- To inform this Service’s information, e-mail newsletters, event information, etc.
- To create and analyze statistical data for this service
- To request cooperation for marketing activities, surveys, signatures, interviews, and other requests and opinions in the course of our business activities
- To review and analysis for appropriate advertisement distribution
- Prohibition of disclosure and provision of Personal Information to third parties
We will not provide your Personal Information to third parties (including those located outside Japan) without your prior consent. However, this does not apply to the following cases where it is necessary to provide the information to a third party.
- cases in which personal data is provided accompanied with a Personal Information handling business operator entrusting a whole or part of the handling of the personal data within the necessary scope to achieve a utilization purpose
- cases in which Personal Information is provided accompanied with business succession caused by a merger or other reasons
- cases in which there is a need to cooperate in regard to a central government organization or a local government, or a person entrusted by them performing affairs prescribed by laws and regulations, and when there is a possibility that obtaining a principal’s consent would interfere with the performance of the said affairs
- cases permitted by the Act on the Protection of Personal Information (hereinafter referred to as the “Personal Information Protection Act“) or other laws and regulations
- Security measures for Personal Information
We take all possible measures for security to ensure the accuracy and safety of Personal Information.
- Your inquiry
When we receive a request from you to disclose your Personal Information under the Personal Information Protection Act, we will disclose it to you without delay after confirming that the request is from you (if your Personal Information does not exist, we will notify you of it). However, this does not apply in cases where we are not obligated to disclose such information under the Personal Information Protection Law or other laws and regulations. Please note that a handling fee (1,000 yen per case) will be charged for the disclosure of your Personal Information.
- Correction and suspension of the use of Personal Information
- In the event that we receive a request from you to (1) correct the content of your Personal Information under the Personal Information Protection Act on the grounds that it is not true, or (2) suspend the use of your Personal Information under the Personal Information Protection Act on the grounds that it is being used beyond the scope of the purpose of use previously announced or that it was collected through deception or other wrongful means, We will conduct the necessary investigation without delay after confirming that the request is made by you, and based on the results of the investigation, the We will correct or suspend the use of the Personal Information and notify you of it. If We decide not to correct or suspend the use of your Personal Information, we will notify you of it.
- If we receive a request from you to erase your Personal Information, and if we deem it necessary to respond to the request, we will erase the Personal Information after confirming that the request is made by you, and notify you of it.
- The provisions of 1. and 2. do not apply to cases in which We are not obligated to make corrections, etc. or suspend use, etc. under the Personal Information Protection Act or other laws and regulations.
- Compliance with laws, regulations, and standards and revise this Policy
We will comply with Japanese laws and regulations and other standards applicable to Personal Information in its possession. We will also revise this Policy as necessary. However, in the event that We revise this Policy that requires your consent under the law, the revised Policy will only apply to users who have consented to the changes in the manner prescribed by us. In the event that We revise this Policy, We will notify you of the effective date and content of the revised Policy by showing it on our website or in another appropriate way.
- Personal Information Management Officer
Administration Department / MEPLA Japan Co., Ltd.
If you have any questions about our handling of Personal Information, please contact us at the following address.
MEPLA Japan Co., Ltd.
3-2-14-2F, Nihonbashi, Chuo-ku, Tokyo, Japan, 103-0027
Enacted: July 20, 2021
MEPLA Japan Co., Ltd.